Got a Maine-lover on your gift list? I’ve rounded up 13 awesome Maine gifts (some of which are made in Maine) that are great for anyone on your list–a boyfriend or girlfriend, mom, grandma, kid, or friend!Looking for gift ideas for #Maine lovers? Here are 10+ ideas for any budget! #mainethingClick To Tweet
1. Subscription to Down East magazine – This is the perfect magazine for anyone who loves Maine–whether to stay connected living “away” or to read great stories from across their home state. Magazine subscriptions make an affordable gift that keeps giving all year long (just remember that the first copy takes awhile to arrive, so you might want to pick up a physical copy to present as your gift).
2. Maine typography print – This wall art makes a unique Maine gift, perfect for someone’s camp or home. It’s filled with words about Maine, like moose, Paul Bunyan, lobster, 1820, and more. (Image Credit: Chelsea Nellist, used with permission)
3. Maine atlas – For the travel-loving, adventurer type, the DeLorme atlas is a classic. Maybe they already have one (or five), but another copy won’t hurt. This could be a fun way to surprise someone with a trip to Maine, too!
5. Sea Bags tote – Once standing the test of salty air and ocean waves off Maine’s rugged coast, these gorgeous totes and bags made from recycled sails make a long-lasting and unique Maine-made gift. Grab an anchor travel toiletries bag, paw print pet tote, nautical wristlet, or lobster wine bag (stocked with their favorite Maine wine, of course).
6. Mountains of Maine t-shirt (Men’s // Women’s) – For the hiker on your gift list, grab this hand printed t-shirt that depicts six of Maine’s peaks. Bonus: it’s made in Maine and uses a sustainable screen printing process, so you’ll be supporting a Maine business with your purchase! (Image Credit: Hills & Trails Co, used with permission)
7. Maine cheese board – This beautiful cheese board is not only shaped like Maine, it’s also made in Maine using Maine black slate! (Image Credit: A&E Stoneworks, used with permission)
8. Mittens made from recycled sweaters (Men’s // Women’s // Kids’) – These Maine-made mittens from Jack and Mary will keep your Maine-loving friend warm all winter long! They are made with recycled wool sweaters and lined with cozy fleece.
9. Wind bells – These Maine-made wind bells feature coastal elements (like the Bar Harbor buoy or Portland Head Light) and come in different sizes and tones. Perfect for the mom or grandma who likes to spruce up the front yard!
10. Maine ornament – This makes a great small Christmas gift for anyone who has traveled to or lives in Maine. Personalize it with the year or family name, or leave it unstamped or without the heart in the middle for a simpler ornament. (Image Credit: Marissa Thiele, used with permission)
11. Robert McCloskey children’s books – Take your kids on a Maine coastal adventure with magical stories from Robert McCloskey (many of which are set in Maine). My all-time favorite growing up was Blueberries for Sal, but some other good options are One Morning in Maine and Burt Dow, Deep-Water Man.
12. Vacationland by John Hodgman – A great addition to a Maine-lover’s library, this humorous book of Maine and New England stories will keep the reader on your list laughing.
13. Maine 101: Everything You Wanted to Know About Maine and Were Going To Ask Anyway by Nancy Griffin – This little book features interesting history and fun facts about Maine. It’s perfect to take along on a Maine road trip!
14. The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Michael Finkel – One day in 1986, Christopher Knight drove his car deep into the Maine woods, parked it on the side of a dirt road, and walked into the forest without telling a soul. This book is the curious true story of a man who survived in the Maine woods for more than 25 years–completely alone, in a tent, and never lighting a fire.